SRGSSR Play Subtitles at the glance
Subtitles for all Swiss languages are available
Large parts of the tv programs and web videos are available
In combination with the SRGSSR video API
Subtitles are very useful for everyone. The API gives you the ability to
Retrieve subtitles of a TV program, below are the Steps to obtain the URN value which is required for this API:
- Go to APIs->SRGSSR-Video and Click on API Documentation.
- In the APi documentation, go to Episodes APIs and Click on Any of the Episodes Resource ( eg. Latest Episodes or Episodes by Date)
- From the Resource Documentation page, get the Oauth Token and try the API call.
- In the response, Look for the subtitlesAvailable field with value as - true in the object inside the mediaList array.
- You would find the "id" field in the "episode" object below the subtitlesAvailable field.
- Copy the id value and create urn for the episode subtitle as - urn:<business unit>:episode:tv:<episode id> . Example URN value - urn:srf:episode:tv:519e86bf-6385-4bfb-b8aa-dc982d0b07d8
You can start here over this
1. Register and login
You need to be a registered user to access to SRG-SSR APIs. Log in after registration.
2. Create an App
On your dashboard, create an application that will use the API.
For standard access and most use-cases you can use the product SRG SSR PUBLIC API V2.
3. Get an API key
Your application has an API key that authorize you to use the API. You can find it on the page of the application.
The SRG SSR API team is proud to share our data for the friends, community, customer and partners.